With Disney’s new Beauty & The Beast having come out last month, I thought it would be an appropriate time to review the Disney Princess Crochet Kit.
Note: I bought this myself, and was not endorsed for this post.
I have had my eye on this for about a year and finally got it a few months ago as a Christmas present.
The book includes patterns for 12 Disney Princess, they are (in the order they appear in the book):
- Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother
- Snow White
The items included in the kit are enough to make Cinderella & Ariel.
- yarn in the following colors: red, yellow, cream, periwinkle, green, light green, light blue, purple and black
- an E/3.50mm crochet hook
- 2 pairs of 12mm safety eyes
- red embroidery floss
- a yarn needle
- Disney Princess Crochet book
Here are the dolls that I made from the kit.
I made Cinderella with all the included materials and Ariel with the included yarn, but used my own 9mm eyes instead of the included 12mm ones for her. I think it makes them look less bug-eyed. I also made both of them without the embroidered mouth.
Things I Didn’t Like About The Kit:
- The included yarn felt too plastic-ey and cheap.
- The safety eye backings are almost impossible to get on (I chipped a nail trying to get them on and eventually had to use pliers).
Things I Did Like About The Kit:
- While I didn’t like the yarn quality, the amount of yarn included was more than enough and I had a lot left over.
- It includes everything a beginner crocheter would need to get started including very clear tutorials at the beginning of the book on how to do the stitches.
All in all, I think that it’s a great kit and produces very cute dolls!
Note: I bought this kit myself, and was not endorsed for this post.