Double crochet is a very common stitch in crochet patterns so it is a very useful stitch to know.
Abbreviated dc in American patterns, tr in U.K. and European patterns.
Start with chaining 15.
- Yarn over with your right hand.
2. Insert your hook in the 4th chain from the hook (this is for the first chain only).
3. Yarn over and pull through the first loop on the hook.
You should now have 3 loops on the hook.
4. Yarn over and pull through the first 2 loops on the hook.
5. Yarn over again and pull through the last 2 loops on the hook to complete the stitch.
Repeat the steps in the next and the rest of the chains.
Here’s what it should look like after one row.
To do another row, chain 3 and turn your work so that you are now working from the left to right. Skip the first stitch (the chain 3 you did counts as your first double crochet) and double crochet in each stitch across to the end.
If you have a problem with understanding these instructions, please let me know in the comments below!